Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Week 36
Stress is a strange thing. It means one thing to one person and another to the next person. I have two beautiful little granddaughters born three months apart. The biggest stressor in their lives is time out. You can ask them if they want to go to time out and they stop, stare at you with wide eyes, and shake their heads no as hard as they can.

Time out to them means sitting still on a chair for two minutes – not such a terrible thing to us adults. We smile because we know they will get through their two minutes and be just fine. We know – they do not.

How many times has that been true for me? How many times have I stressed about something that looking back looks like nothing now. I created the stress in my mind. It did not really exist at all. I could have created peace and acceptance just as easily. It was a choice.

In Daniel, we see a calm faith. He is thrown to the lions and yet he never gives up his faith and never lets go of his peace. He does not worry about good or bad.  He does not think about fair or unfair.  He stays in the moment and deals with what is in front of him trusting that all will end well.  When he is not eaten, his steady stand converts all those around him. When we stand faithful and keep trusting despite the lions that may appear to surround us, we are an example of our faith. When we stress we give away our peace.

Verse for This Week2 Corinthians 5:7
We live by faith, not by sight.


Word 
Steady

Today I will feel peaceful as I rest in my faith and trust that I do not need to give into stress when my two minutes comes around.

No comments:

Post a Comment