Saturday, June 5, 2010

Week 35
Have you ever felt unheard? Do you ever feel like you are misunderstood? Have you ever thought that even God ignores you? Has it ever seemed that no matter what you do, it seems to make things worse not better? Christian mystics call these time periods the Dark Night of the Soul. Lamentations is about such times. In Lamentations, the author talks about God hiding the light.

Of course God never hides the light. The light we all crave is always available. Our prayers are answered even when we think they are not. These are the times when we look back and realize we were getting exactly what we asked for, it just looked and felt differently than we expected. Yet just like the author of Lamentations we will soon see the truth, all we have to do is listen.

Verse for This Week
Lamentations 55-58
I called on your name, O LORD, from the depths of the pit. You heard my plea: "Do not close your ears to my cry for relief." You came near when I called you, and you said, "Do not fear." O Lord, you took up my case; you redeemed my life.

Word
Heard

Today I will sit in silence and know that everything in my heart is heard without having to speak a word.

No comments:

Post a Comment