Thursday, June 10, 2010

Day 38
Have you ever heard a story that just stays with you? When I was in a youth group as a teen one of our leaders told a story I have never forgotten. She said she knew a woman who was driving down the road on a normal evening. She stopped at a light and an armed man jumped into her passenger seat through her unlocked door.

The man pointed his gun at her and demanded that she drive. The woman was frozen in fear. Instead of driving she began repeating over and over again, “I am covered with feathers. I am covered with feathers. I am covered with feathers.”

The man was so surprised he was taken aback. He screamed at her "drive!" She chanted louder. He yelled, “Are you crazy!” She got even louder. Not knowing what else to do he reached across and opened her door and demanded that she get out. When she hesitated, he pushed her out, slid into her seat, slammed the door, and drove off without her.

She was repeating a portion of her favorite verse from Psalms. It was the only thing she could think to do. Every time I read the verse I think of her.

Verse for Today
Psalms 91:4 He will cover you with his feathers, and under his wings you will find refuge; his faithfulness will be your shield and rampart.

Word for Today
Covered

Today I will remember that whatever happens, where ever I am, God is and I am covered.

No comments:

Post a Comment