Saturday, May 29, 2010

Day 30
Psalms 23 is perhaps the most well-known Psalm in the Bible. It is a beautiful reminder that despite all appearances God is always with us. It reminds me of a poem “Footprints in the Sand” that was popular in the 1970's.



The author asks God where were you when I looked most alone. “You promised me Lord, that if I followed you, you would walk with me always. But I have noticed that during the most trying periods of my life there have only been one set of footprints in the sand. Why, when I needed you most, you have not there for me? The Lord replied, “The times when you have seen only one set of footprints, is when I carried you.”

There is a line in the poem that says “ Sometimes we have to stop pushing, trying, and forcing ourselves to be in charge. We have to just release and trust. This verse reminds me that sometimes there is nothing to do but trust. We just need to take a moment and get centered in our belief and our faith and rest.

Verse for Today
Psalms 23:4 Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for you are with me; your rod and your staff, they comfort me.

Word for Today
Rest

Today I will rest in my faith and sit in silence knowing that where ever I am God is and all is well.

No comments:

Post a Comment