Sunday, May 30, 2010

Day 31
Life is filled with ups and downs. Sometimes humans are not very good to each other. At other times, we humans are amazingly generous and kind. For every story of terror, there is another of courage and compassion. It has been the same throughout history. The choices and the consequences are ultimately our own.

The Bible if full of stories of people courageously reaching out to each other when they act in faith and take inspired action for good or doing the opposite when they do not. David is a good example. As a young boy, he might have thought his life was charmed when his father Jesse brought him in to meet the prophet who anointed him as the next king of Israel, yet even David had to live with the consequences of his choices. He was not immune.

One thing David always understood was that he was not alone. He took responsibility for when he made a mess of things. He celebrated when he did well. And we see him in his quiet moments always praising God regardless of his circumstances.

Verse for This Week
Psalms 56:4
In God, whose word I praise, in God I trust; I will not be afraid. . .


Word
Praise

Today I will spend time in praise being grateful for all that I have, all that I am, and all that I will be knowing that where ever I am and what ever choices I make, God is with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment