Thursday, June 17, 2010

Day 42
I was going to write about 42 as a sacred number today, however, in my readings it seemed contrived. Forty-two it is often said is the number for the Antichrist because Revelations predicts the beast will rule 42 months. Yet when I look the number up I found it is not in the Bible that often and it is used randomly for ages, numbers of people, etc. Upon reflection I think I have to reject the number 42 as sacred as one of those Bible legends.

I know that I am unusually analytical by nature and most people do not get caught up in some of the detail I do in Bible study. Still this underlines for me the importance of finding out for myself and not just taking an interpretation from someone else. Men and women are human and we all see through the veil of human understanding. Humans tend to gather evidence that supports their own theory while rejecting equally good evidence that does not. Some scientists believe that we change what we observe just by observing.

I must not be afraid to follow my own divine guidance and I must seek wisdom from divine inspiration trusting in God and not in man. This is why meditation upon the Word is so important to me. In silence focused on the presence of God, understanding can quietly grow.

Verse for Today
Deuteronomy 20:3 Do not be fainthearted or afraid; do not be terrified or give way to panic before them.

Word for Today
Understand

Today I will find my understanding through the divine presence of God.

No comments:

Post a Comment